A snowy adventure

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A snowy adventure

Post by Nikola on Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:32 pm

Lok chuckled and smirked, "I will have to keep that in mind." He said side swiping the slash, easily shoving it aside. Then went forward making sure to use the flat side. He may not be the biggest fighter, but he could at least hold is own when he had too.

Nikola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora on Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:44 pm

Rose parried his strike, strafing to the right and going for his shoulder.
Roseora
Admin

View user profile http://lostkingdomsrp.freeforum.me.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola on Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:53 pm

Lok tried to dodge, but the edge shoulder got smacked. Even so, he ignored it and continued to swing again.

Nikola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora on Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:01 am

Rose was about to dodge his strike when she noticed a shadowy figure in the stadium. She stopped suddenly, the blade smacking into her side. She winced slightly, but leaned forward to whisper to Lucky.
'I saw someone, out in the stands.' She said, keeping her eyes on the stands, looking out for the figure again. 'Theyre hiding from us.' She added, a hint of concern in her voice.
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola on Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:14 am

Lok was surprised when Rose suddenly stopped and listened to what she said. Then started looking up and around as well. "It probably isn't anything," He whispered back. Before adding, "if you want though. We can go up the stairs see if we can't find this person." Mentally cursing his father; feeling sure that it must have been someone from the guard, to make sure he wasn't doing anything foolish. Couldn't his father just trust him?

Nikola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora on Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:21 am

"Yeah okay." She said quietly, putting her hood up. "Stay behind me." She added, feeling a little protective of him for some reason. Probably because he seemed so young.

She began to walk towards the door, saying loudly "Why don't we get some rest before tomorrow?" She glanced behind them to be sure the figure was watching them, his guard lowered, before she made a break for the stands, grabbing the figure by the shoulders and pulling them into the well-lit stadium.

"Who are you and why were you watching us?" She asked, narrowing her eyes.
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola on Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:37 am

Lok huffed at what Rose said, but quietly did what he was told. Maybe it was because it was what he was used to doing? He didn't know what to do. He was surprised when Rose suddenly turned around and grabbed the guard.

It was a half-harpy, the wings and human features gave it away. He was tall with tan and white tipped feathers. The guy said nothing but wore armor that guards from the castle wore. It had the colors of the northern nation, engraved on it.

Nikola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora on Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:38 am

Rose paused when she noticed the guards armour. This was awkward.
"Uhm... Sorry, sir..." She said, stepping back frm him to give him some space. "It looked like you were up to something, I didnt realise you were a guard." She explained.
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola on Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:04 pm

Behind Rose, Lox glared at the guard.

The guard smiled warmly, "it is ok. I understand the confusion, sorry that I caused you concern. I was just checking on things and making sure everything was ok." He said, his yellow eyes surprisingly soft.

Nikola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora on Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:53 pm

"Ah, okay." Rose nodded in understanding. Justthen a crash and some yelling was heard from inside the hotel. "I think the troubles in there though. We were just sparring for tomorrow." She smirked, glancing behind her, her smile faded.

"You okay Lucky?" She asked, seeing him glaring at the man..
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola on Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:52 pm

"Oh, right" the guard said. Staying there a moment to give Lok, an almost pleading look when Rose wasn't looking. He then ran towards the hotel.

Luckys' glare disappeared, "oh it's nothing," he said reassuringly.

Nikola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora on Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:38 pm

"Sure." Rose said, unconvinced. She didnt want to push it though, if he didnt want to say.

"You okay seeping in the same room with Jenny? She snores." Rose asked, "Because its getting pretty late and we have a long day tomorrow."
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola on Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:50 pm

Lok chuckled, "couldn't be worse than some of the babies. Jiggy has me watch over," he said with a smile and asked. "What does she eat? I've read about them, but would love to see how they compare."

Nikola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora on Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:57 pm

"Umm, well..." Rose said, sounding a little guilty. "I kind of just feed her whatever I can find..." She said, "Shes normally happy to eat what I eat, but sometimes she likes meat and fish." She replied, realising she should probably do some research into healthy griffon diets.
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola on Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:03 pm

Lok chuckled, "no offense but I'm surprised she hasn't gotten sick. If you don't even pay attention to what you feed her. After all, how do you know you aren't feeding her that could be bad for her or poisonous? They aren't like us... Actually no, using us would probably be a good example. Unless I am mistaken, there are somethings sprites can eat that humans can't correct? Its' the same for griffons." He said, before patting her shoulder. Realizing how mean that probably sounded.

Nikola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora on Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:31 pm

Rose sighed. "I think theres a few things, were capable of having much lower and higher salt levels, and some dishes people have served me made me sick..." She thought for a second. Yes, every species did have very different diets, even ones very close such as humans and sprites. "Jenny has always seemed okay with it though." She added.

"Well what do you suggest I feed her then?" She asked, this guy seemed pretty well-read on griffons, maybe she could learn something if sh was going to be travelling with Jenny all the time now.
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola on Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:44 pm

Lok could resist a snort, before coughing. "Sorry, I didn't mean to laugh." He said, managing to not go farther. She seemed like a good person, so didn't want to offend her. "hhmmm... Meat and fish is definitely a good start. Unless I am mistaken, they are also found of some berries that grow from bushes that grow into the cliff face. Some enjoy chewing on certain types of minerals to keep their beaks clean and sharp. Again I haven't met any but, I have a theory that it also helps to keep them healthy and keep everything at its' peak. some books... Sorry, that is already a lot isn't it?" He said. Wanting to continue, but not wanting to overwhelm or bore Rose.

Nikola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora on Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:57 pm

"Yes, its a lot, but its interesting." Rose said, quietly opening the door, leaving the light off so as not to wake Jenny.
She opened the cupboard up, pulling out an armful of spare blankets. They all smelled a little funny, but this place was so cold Rose didnt care.

"Goodnight as friends," She said, throwing one over to Lucky. "Because in the morning we will be opponents." She paused again for a second.
"Wait- the final round is a free-for-all between the final 3. If both of us are there, we should ally to beat the other guy. Were both in different branches so we shouldnt have to fight before then." Rose said, looking over the match sheet with her torch.

Match sheet

Branch1. Branch 2. Branch 3.
1-2 3-4 5-6 7-8  //  1-2 3-4 5-6 7-8  // 1-2 3-4 5-6 7-8
 I      I     I     I         I     I     I    I         I     I    I     I
 1 - 2     3 - 4           1 - 2     3 - 4         1 - 2      3 - 4
   I            I               I           I              I            I
   1     -     2                1     -     2            1     -     2
          I                              I                        I
         X                              Y                        Z
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola on Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:08 pm

Lox chuckled, "unless Jiggy is the third one. Then we are both going to be in for it." He said in a sure tone, but a slight smile. Then looked at his number, "I'm in the second branch. I believe Jiggy was the first to sign up." He added, then went under blankets. "If I do make it to the finals with you and Jiggy isn't the third. Then sure, I would love to team up with you. He said and soon fell asleep.

Nikola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora on Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:17 pm

"Goodnight." Rose said with a smile, realising he was already asleep, she curled up under Jennys wing and went to sleep herself.

bounce~~~ TIMESKIP TO THE CONTEST! Yipee! ~~~bounce

"Ugh, whys it have to be so early...?" Rose groaned, pulling Jennys wing further over her face to block out the light. Jenny cawed, shoving Rose out of the bed.
Rose screamed, "its cold its cold its cold..." She wined, making another grab for the blankets. Jenny pushed her away again.
"Alright im awake." She said in defeat, walking over to her bag to get out some shiny new armour shed gotten just for this occasion, a specially fitted copper breastplate and shoulder guards with a cape she had made with a friend of hers who was a blacksmith, on the condition she shared some of the prize money with him if she won. She picked up her sword, stretching a little before looking over to see if Lucky was awake.
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola on Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:33 pm

Lucky woke up to Rose screaming. He bit back a chuckle, just laying there and listened to her reaction. Before pulling the blanket over his head, when it sounded like she was getting dressed. When the sounds settled down, he called over. "You done getting dressed?"

Nikola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora on Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:42 pm

"Yeah," Rose replied. "Like my new armour? Designed it myself." She said, wondering wether the cape would get in the way when fighting, even though it did look pretty intimidaing.

"Ill meet yoy in the arena, good luck." She nodded, going outside to the arena where the other contestants were already being introduced to the huge, cheering audience. It was a little overwhelming being stared at by so many people.

It stated in the rules the fight would be stopped at any serious injury, and the goal was to disable your opponent so they could no longer fight. Jenny would be allowed so long as she only came in one fight, so Rose would have to decide when she needed her most. She glanced back at the door to see if Lucky was ready yet, if not for Jenny they really would have overslept.
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola on Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:04 am

Lucky looked and chuckled, "ya. Very nice, hope it is as comfortable as it is nice." He said, then watched Rose leave. Before getting up and pulled out his armor, it pretty much looked like a one piece suit that was trying to be an armor. It looked nice, being black, white, and silver. It just didn't look like it would be very protective.

Lucky smiled, he couldn't wait to see peoples' reaction to it. The only ones' who knew it, was Jiggy, his brother, and one guard. So after he put it on, he went outside and joined everyone else in the arena. Listening to the rules and wondered who Jiggy would be using... though he had a feeling he already knew

-Jiggy-
He had been in the arena early, playing with Fluffy. A few of the other contestants who came tried to play with her too. Even after he warned them that wasn't smart, so a few of them got removed from the contest early and Jiggy warned to put Fluffy where she wouldn't hurt anyone else.

Which annoyed him, even so. Jiggy went back and put Fluffy with her favorite partner; Star. A strong male, but didn't have as much stamina as Jiggy would like. However Star was getting old, so even if Fluffy did have another litter. Jiggy would probably get at least some strong pullers for delivery teams and if he was lucky one or two middles.

Than arrived in time to hear the rules being explained.

Nikola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora on Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:19 am

(Jiggy has the first fight, then theres 3 more fights before branch 2 starts, when its Luckys fight. Then 3 more and Roses fight.)

"Round 1, branch 1." The ringmaster announced, glancing down at his notes. "Jiggy vs. Shannon." The other contestants filed out, watching from the backstage area.
"Nice armour." Rose said to Lucky, leaning on the railing to watch the fight.

A tall, muscular woman stood before Jiggy, towering over him. She sneered, holding her heavy mace over her shoulder and flicking one of her dreadlocks out of her face.

"Well come on, fight me already." She grunted, waiting for Jiggy to take the first move.

(You can either controll Shannon yourself and do it in one post, or I can do her. Your choice Smile)
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola on Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:42 am

Lok smiled at Rose, "thanks." Taking a seat and watched his closest friend in the world.

-Jiggy-
He was already short, so the tall person, just made him seem even shorter. However, his armor looked like it weighed more than he did. When he didn't move right away, the tall person showed the tiniest bit of annoyance.

However Jiggy continued to not move, analyzing her even farther. Our reactions were alot more like animals, then anyone liked to think. It would help be his key to surviving this contest. So when he did finally move, he lunged forward. As if attacking with daggers. The taller person, didn't even check to see if he was actually attacking, she was too annoyed and tried to slam the mace on his head.

Only, be the time it was down. He was already out of the away. Then moved and repeated the movements again. Soon to many that watched, it would seem to resemble a predator snapping at and moving out of the way of a prey. Made all the more true, by the face that his helmet looked like a metal beast's head.

As soon as an opening came, he lunged forward and took her knees out from under here. Knocking her weapon out from her and pinning the woman that made him seem like a dwarf. If any one was paying attention, they might realize that he never actually had any weapons.

(how about we start controlling the other persons' opponent during the second or third round? Just to save on some time?)

Nikola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top