A snowy adventure

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A snowy adventure

Post by Roseora on Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:03 pm

Cold, snow, wind. Rose could barely stand it anymore. True, from all the travelling shed done she was more resilient to the cold than most sprites, but it was still horribly unpleasant. She edged nearer to Jenny, feeling the warmth from her sleeping friend, and the comforting heat from the fire. She was on her way to a large city in the north, where they were holding a combat arena contest, and the winner got to go on a mission with the prince of the north kingdom, who had decided he wanted to be a dungeon diver but needed bodyguards. Rose liked the idea of dungeons, and fighting monsters, and of course meeting royalty.

She just wished it had been anywhere BUT the coldest kingdom. she reached out to throw a some more wood on the fire, which she had been trying to dry out. The sun was setting, giving the ice cave a cold pink glow, the reflection of the sky clear in the crystal ice.

"Stupid snow." She moaned, pulling her cape on over her jacket. "I cant't sleep in this i'll freeze." she sighed, leaning back against Jennys warm feathers. It looked like a blizzard was coming on- she was glad shed found this cave for the night. She wouldn't have made it to the town in time. She felt sorry for anyone trapped outside in this weather...
Roseora
Admin

View user profile http://lostkingdomsrp.freeforum.me.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: A snowy adventure

Post by Nikola on Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:47 pm

Jiggy was riding throw the blizzard with his goggles on. Letting the dogs run until they caught a scent and depending on how they acted. He maneuvered them; no need to let them chase animals in the middle of a storm like this.

They weren't out here for fun. They were out here to look for any possible people who wanted to be part of the competition, that had gotten stuck in the storm. Fluffy let out a high-pitched cry, Jiggy smiled. Fluffy was one of his favorite, because she seemed to understand him better than most. "Seek!" He yelled over the wind.

The sled turned turned and they cut through the storm in a blur. Soon coming upon a cave. They pulled up just to the entrance and shook the snow off of all the them. Jiggy followed the sled team's lead, before pulling his hood back; his goggles still on. "Hello?" He called inside the cave, "anyone stuck from the blizzard?"

Nikola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora on Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:00 pm

Rose jumped slightly as she heard someone shout out. "Yeah, there is someone here." She yelled back, tapping Jenny awake. "You're welcome to come in if you're stuck out here." She adds, walking over to the entrance of the cave before she notices the sled and dogs. "Oh, yeah I think i'm the one who's stuck actually." She smirks.
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola on Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:09 pm

Jiggy chuckled, "ya meet my best team." He said, gesturing to the pack; whom were now laying down. Then looked back to the girl, "names' Jiggy." He said with a smile, "can I offer you a ride? We are going around, finding people who need help out here. As well as looking for people who want to enter the contest." He said explaining everything. Not realizing that a griffon was hiding farther back.

Nikola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora on Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:27 pm

"Names Rose." She smiled, "A ride would be great, thankyou." She accepted, "And actually we were hoping to enter the contest too! Its tomorrow, right?" she asked, her smile widening in excitement. "Again, thankyou." She said, referring to the ride. "I hope my team will also be allowed to enter with me." She adds with a smirk, giving a small whistle. A still-sleepy Jenny wanders out of the cave, ruffling her feathers and cawing gently in greeting to Jiggy.
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola on Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:39 pm

Jiggy was shocked to see a griffon, he had heard stories about them, but had never met one in person. He smiled and nodded, I think that can be arranged. Now come on, lets' strap both of you into the sled. Wouldn't want either of you getting lost in a storm like this," he said almost non-nonchalantly. Turning to his team, who were keeping an eye on the griffon, but hadn't gotten up. From the back of the sled, he pulled out a straps that were attached to the sled. Motioning for Rose to come over, so he could strap her in.

Nikola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora on Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:51 pm

Rose nodded, walking over to the sled. Jenny followed, not taking her eyes off the dogs. "I haven't seen anyone else around, and this is the only route into the city from this direction." She said, shivering even more as the cold wind hit her outside the relatively sheltered cave. She smirked slightly at his reaction to Jenny. "I guess there aren't many giant birds round here. Just like i've never seen this much snow in one place."
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola on Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:03 pm

Jiggy chuckled, "Roks? Sure we get a few of them, just didn't get many Griffons. Have a couple legends bout ice blizzard griffon, no that anyone I know has ever even seen one." He strapped Rose in and then wrapped a fur around her. "Need to know how to stay warm here if you want to survive." He said, then started strapping in the griffon. Saying, as he did so "I assume you don't want your partner stuck here until the blizzard ends."

Rawr stood up, being the closest to the sled and turned around in his harness. His tail wagging, and looking more like a dog then the rest of the sled.

Nikola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora on Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:20 pm

"Yeah, please don't leave Jenny here. How long do you think it will take to get back to town?" She smirked, not protesting the fur. She was just thankful for the extra warmth. Cotton capes and jackets really weren't the best out here. "Thanks."
She couldn't help but smile even wider at the dog when he turned round. "They're all so fluffy and adorable!" she exclaimed, reaching out to pet him.
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola on Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:32 pm

Jiggy looked down and saw Rawr's tail wagging, as he tried to up on Rose. Tripping over his harness and pulling Boots' and Spots' connecting harness. Both of them snapped and growlled at Rawr in annoyance.

Jiggy chuckled, "it won't take to long with this group. They are my fastest, strongest, and best endurance team. Though Rawr is the only one I would recommend petting, he loves people. Most get it from his dog mother," after getting Jenny on the cargo area. Then ushered Rose onto the sled.

Waiting until Rose said that she was ready. To tell the team to get up and going.

Nikola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora on Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:45 pm

"Okay, ready..." Rose said, ruffling Rawr's fur and clinging onto the side of the sled tightly. She had no idea how fast these dogs could go.
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola on Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:58 pm

Jiggy got on, pulled his hood up and signaled the team. Who all got up as one and then they shot off like a bullet. Their speed seemed even faster, by the howling wind around them.

Nikola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora on Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:08 pm

"Haha, this is amazing!!" Rose yelled, her voice lost in the wind as the initial shock of how fast it moved wore off.

~#~#~ Mini timeskip ~#~#~

Just as they pulled into the edge of town, Rose laughed as she hopped off the sled. "I SO want to do that again one day!" she said, smiling wide. Jenny looked a little less happy about the recent ride, her feathers blown back at an odd angle by the wind, this made Rose laugh even more.

"I don't suppose you could point me to where the arena is?" She asked, realising she was almost too late to sign up for the contest.
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola on Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:18 pm

Jiggy nodded, "first let me get you guys untied. Then show you where everyone for the contest is staying." Quickly untying Rose and Jenny, he made the team walk with him. Something they didn't really mind doing, leading the way.

Until they came to a short building that wasn't more than a story or two high. But seemed longer than some hotels were tall. "there you go, The Duc is our hotel. Just go talk to the receptionist, she can set you up with a room and get you signed up for the contest. I need to go see if anyone else is trapped, but I should be back before the start of the contest. If you want to talk again and good luck in the contest." He said, patting Roses' shoulder and was about to head out.

He didn't get far however, he looked back and shouted over the wind, "do you want to see where the animals are kept?" Thinking she might want to put the griffon up somewhere.

Nikola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora on Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:28 pm

"Nice, so I don't need to search for a hotel." She commented, taking the fur off her shoulders and placing it on Jiggy's. "Don't freeze out there, good luck." She said, before heading off after a polite nod. She paused as he yelled back to her.
"Thanks for the offer, but Jenny sleeps with me!" She replied with a wave.

~~~

"Hello...?" Rose said to the receptionist, glancing nervously around at all the tall, muscular people lingering around the lobby.
"Ah, hello! Are you signing up?" She replied, getting out a clipboard. Rose took the pen and signed it with a nod.
"Room 22, contest starts at 10 tomorrow, you're contestant number 34." She said with a smile. "Were getting low on rooms, so you'll be bunking with another contestant, I hope thats okay?" Rose smiled.
"Thats fine, thankyou." She replied, taking the slip of paper with a list of matches on it. She bit her lip slightly seeing how many other people had entered.
~
She nervously went to open the door, to see her to-be roommate sitting on one of the beds...

{OOC note: Would you like to controll some of the contestants?}
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola on Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:33 pm

(OOC note: sure)

Lox doesn't know how he had managed to talk his father into letting him pretend to be a contestant. He was glad he did though, it would be one of his first nights sleeping out of the castle and the first that Jiggy wouldn't have to be yelled at because of it.

He looked up as the door opened, the clothes still itching and wished he could have worn his normal clothes. "Guessing you are entering the contest too?" Was the first thing that he said with a slight smile. Knowing it was getting late, but was just too excited to sleep. There were so many different people here and some of them might even be able to travel with him!

Nikola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora on Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:55 pm

"Yes." Rose nodded, seeing a young boy in the room. "Nice to meet you, i'm Rose." She said, holding her hand out to shake, before dumping her bag on the bed. Jenny followed her into the room, just squeezing through the doorway, before plonking herself down on the bed and promptly falling asleep. Rose sighed.
"I'll never wake her up now. Guess i'm sharing my bed." She smirked, sitting down where jenny wrapped her wing around her, Rose smiled softly.

"So howcome you're entering? You don't look like the fighting type?" She asked, not intending to be rude.
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola on Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:07 pm

Lox smiled and shook the hand, "nice to meet you. Friends call me Lucky," Then watched in stunned shock as a griffin came in. "OH MY GOSH! Is that a griffon?" He said excitedly, sounding very much like a child. Then coughed and blushed a little bit, "you know griffons are most comfortable when they are around friends. Even though they look more like birds. They act alot more like lions." He said trying to cover up his shock.

Before smirking, "Hey I can use a sword. Besides, who doesn't want some adventure?" He said proudly.

Nikola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora on Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:19 pm

"Then i'm glad Jenny considers me a friend." Rose smiled, glancing beside her at how calmly the griffon was sleeping. "Yes, she has been my partner for a while now, ever since she tried to kill me." Rose joked, remembering how they met.

"Thats why i'm here too. I don't really care about the money or anything, but guarding royalty and going dungeon diving really sounds like a story to tell." She paused, thinking for a second.
"Would you like to spar a little, consider it practice for tomorrow?" She asked, glad that her roommate seemed friendlier than many of the other contestants shed seen around.
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola on Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:25 pm

Lox was curious what Rose meant, but nodded none the less. Smiling when she asked if he wanted to spar. "Sure, what do you use?" He asked curiously.

Nikola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora on Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:37 pm

"Also a sword." She smirked, slipping the trolls lair sword out of her bag. "Its magic, but I don't know what it does yet." She said noncholantly.

"So anyway, where abouts are you from?" She asked. Judging from the looks of people in the lobby, tne different races and different types of armour and weapons, people had come from all over the kingdoms. It was both terrifying and exciting to know shed be up against so many different styles of combat.
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola on Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:47 pm

Lucky smiled and said, "I may not be as scared or obliviously muscled as some of my other northern men. But, I'm from up around here. Have been all my life, did Jiggy bring you into town?

Nikola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora on Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:04 pm

"Yeah, his dogs were adorable." She said, as they reached the empty, dark arena. Tall rows of seats surrounded the caged-in circle, the gates left open overnight.

"This place is huge." Rose gulped, flicking the floodlights on.

"Enguarde?" She said, doing a sword salute and waiting until Lucky was ready.
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola on Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:15 pm

Lok chuckled and said, "I'm glad you like it." Then pulled his short sword out, "Jiggy is my best friend and known around here for his ability with animals. As for his dogs, clearly they were harnessed. Because those can be some mean dogs... Except for Rawr and Tini, those two are my favorites. Have asked Jiggy to help me assemble a team with Tini on it."

Then held up his sword and smirked, "guest gets first move." he said, waiting for her to make her move.

Nikola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora on Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:24 pm

"Well, after I win, be sure to tell him he gave a ride to the awsomest fighter in the land." She joked, thinking for a second what move to start with. She flipped the sword round in her hand to be sure she was hitting with the flat and not the sharp edge. She wasnt sure wether in the real matches they would be out to hurt, or simply overpower, but in a sparring mach she really didnt want to hurt anyone.

"Get ready." She smirked, lunging forward with a basic slash.
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top